How would you answer the following?
- Have my staff got employment contracts that are up to date and meaningful?
- Do I always recruit the best person for my business?
- Do I know what entitlements my staff have to maternity, paternity, parental, adoption and compassionate leave, and to take time off to deal with emergencies?
- Do I know how to deal effectively with employees whose behaviour causes problems?
- Do I know how to restructure my business without running into employment problems?
- Do all my employees understand what’s expected of them and do they perform to the best of their ability?
- Do I know how I can change my staff’s working arrangements (hours or pattern of work, duties, etc.)?
- Do I know what to do when one of my employees becomes seriously ill and is unable to work for a long period? What about if they keep going off sick for short periods at a time – do I know how to tackle that?
- Do I know what procedures I have to follow in order to make an employee redundant, retire an employee, deal with a staff complaint, deal with an employee’s request to change or reduce their working hours?
- Would I know what to do if I received a tribunal claim?
If you would answer “no” to one or more of these questions you need to find out more about the service offered by Peter Etherington Employment Law Services. Click here for an overview of the service or here to arrange a meeting.
For some examples of how Peter Etherington Employment Law Services Ltd could help your business have a look at our case studies.
Please contact Peter Etherington for more details or to discuss your requirements.